Verifying and checking a Tax Identification Number (TIN) online in the Philippines is a straightforward process that allows individuals and businesses to confirm the validity of their TIN or that of others. The TIN serves as a crucial identification number for tax purposes, and online verification provides a convenient way to ensure accurate tax reporting and compliance.
In this digital age, the Philippine government has made it easier for citizens to access this information online, saving time and effort in the verification process. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of checking and verifying your TIN online by name using two different methods – the BIR website and the BIR Mobile TIN Verifier app.
Steps to Check TIN Number Online
Here are the two methods to check TIN number online.
Method 1: Check via BIR Website
The BIR website offers a eRegistration (eREG) process that helps people and businesses get a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), pay the fee, and get a Certificate of Registration. It also has a feature called eReg TIN Query, which lets you check your basic info like your name, birthday, TIN, and where you deal with taxes (called the Revenue District Office or RDO).
But here’s the thing: you can only use this feature if you have a special account. That means you need to know someone who works at the BIR or has access to the eReg system. If you do, you can ask them to help you check your TIN online.
Here’s how you can verify your TIN number online using the BIR website:
- Visit https://ereg.bir.gov.ph/.
- Check the option on the site “TIN Query Login” on the main page.
- If you already have an authorized user account, go ahead and enter your login details. If you don’t, you’ll need to ask someone who does to log in for you.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a search box. Enter your TIN number there and then click the search button.
- The results will display important information, including your name, address, business type, and RDO code.
Method 2: Check Via APP
If you’re looking to check your TIN number online but don’t have access to the eReg system or someone who can help, there’s a solution for you. You can use the BIR Mobile TIN Verifier app, a handy mobile application that’s designed to give you quick and real-time information about your TIN. This app is available for both iOS and Android devices, and you can easily find and download it from the App Store or Google Play.
With this app, you can verify your TIN by providing your name and birthday, find out if your TIN is active or inactive, and even update your contact details and RDO code. It’s a user-friendly way to handle your TIN-related tasks on your mobile device.
Here’s how you can use the BIR Mobile TIN Verifier app to check your TIN number online:
- Begin by downloading and installing the app from either the App Store or Google Play.
- After installation, open the app, and you’ll find an option labeled “TIN Verification.” Tap on it.
- Input your name and birthdate, making sure they match the information on your birth certificate or a valid ID.
- Tap the “Verify” button and wait for the app to process your request.
- The app will then display the results, showing your TIN number and your RDO code, along with your current status (whether it’s active or inactive).
- If you need to update your contact details or RDO code, simply tap on “Update Profile” and follow the provided instructions.
- In case you encounter any issues or have concerns related to your TIN, select “Report Problem” within the app and complete the provided form to notify the appropriate authorities.