In the digital age, managing your finances has become more seamless than ever, and GCash is at the forefront of this revolution. One feature that stands out is the ability to generate your own QR code, allowing you to receive money without sharing your GCash number. Let’s dive into the simple steps of creating your personalized GCash QR code.
What are the QR Codes?
Quick Response (QR) codes are dynamic, black-and-white barcodes that store various data, such as website links or product information. With GCash, your personal QR code becomes a secure gateway for others to send you money without the need for sharing your mobile number. These codes can be scanned using a smartphone camera or a dedicated QR scanner.
Why Use GCash QR Codes?
- Privacy: Avoid sharing your GCash number by utilizing a QR code.
- Convenience: Quick and hassle-free transactions for both the sender and receiver.
- Error Prevention: Minimize the risk of funds going to the wrong recipient.
Generating Your GCash QR Code: Step by Step Guide
Before diving into the QR code creation process, ensure that your GCash account is fully verified.
- Open the GCash App and Login:
- Navigate to “Pay QR”:
- Select “Generate QR/Barcode”:
- Choose “Receive Money via QR Code”:
- Customize Your QR Code (Optional):
- Download or Share Your QR Code:
Using and Sharing Your QR Code
- Only the GCash app can scan your generated QR code.
- Senders can initiate a fund transfer by going to Send Money > Send via QR in the GCash app and scanning or uploading the QR code.
- Add an amount to your QR code, making transactions even more straightforward for senders.
- Transaction Limits:
- Be mindful of your transaction limits. Fully verified users can send and receive up to ₱100,000 a month, while those with linked bank accounts enjoy a limit of ₱500,000.
Here is a video guide