It is without a doubt that the GCash application is a wonderful app for all. The pandemic makes it even more crucial to send and receive money through it.
In some cases, however, trying to register or update personal information can result in problems with a person’s name for various reasons. These steps will help you change your name in the GCash app if you are one of them!
Steps to Change Name in GCash:
Your name or birthdate can only be changed when your civil status changes, if your name is spelled wrong, or if you have a legal change of name. It is also necessary for you to be a Fully Verified GCash user before you can proceed.
In GCash, changing your name is simple. Follow these steps to get started!
1. On the right bottom of the screen of the GCash app, click the “Profile” tab.
2. Then click your name above or the arrow next to it.
3. The details of your account will now be displayed in this section. Click the “Edit Profile” button that appears above to change your name. Basic users cannot change it until their accounts are fully verified, however.
4. Once your name has been changed, you will receive an SMS with an authentication code.
5. If you wish to update your profile, you must wait a maximum of 72 hours after entering the code.
Reasons to Change Name in GCash
There could be several reasons why someone might want to know how to change their name in the GCash app. Some possible reasons could include:
- Mistakes in spelling or formatting: If the user’s name was entered incorrectly when they first registered for the app, or if they have since changed their name and want to update it on the app, they may need to know how to change their name in GCash.
- Legal name change: If the user has undergone a legal name change, for example due to marriage or divorce, they may need to update their name on the app to reflect their new legal name.
How to change my name without verification?
GCash does not allow you to change your name without verification.
Can I use different name in GCash?
No, you can’t use different name in GCash as you have to provide legal documents at the time of verification. You can only change your name on GCash because of a few reasons we mentioned above.
Can I use Nickname on GCash?
No, you can only use your original name that is written on your ID or other legal documents.
Leave a Reply