Sending money from the USA to the Philippines through GCash is a convenient and secure way to transfer funds. GCash is a popular e-wallet and mobile payments platform in the Philippines that allows users to pay for goods and services, transfer money, and more through their mobile devices.
How to Send Money to the GCash from USA in 2023:
You can use any of the below method to send money.
Use Digital Platforms:
Digital money transfer services are the best way to send money to GCash. The United States has three online payment platforms that GCash has partnered with: Remitly, Skrill, and Wirebarely.
In August 2021 and August 2022, Monito’s comparison engine rated Remitly as the single best option for Americans sending money to GCash. Second, Skrill is an option, but it is much more expensive than Remitly.
1. Send Money to GCash via Remitly:
|Trust & Credibility||8.9|
|Service & Quality||7.5|
|Fees & Exchange Rates||10|
Note: You must register via the Remitly partner website or app before sending money to GCash. Provide all the required information, along with the beneficiary’s complete name as it appears in the GCash app.
Follow these steps to send remittances via Remitly to GCash:
- Login to your account via the Remitly App or www.remitly.com.
- Choose Mobile Money – GCash and enter the amount.
- Provide the recipient’s information:
- Specify your payment method by entering your debit card number, bank account number, or credit card number.
- Complete the transaction by confirming the information.
Note: Beneficiaries’ names must match their GCash-registered names. It is the GCash-registered mobile number (in the format 09XXXXXXXXXX) that will be used as the account number.
Remittances are processed within minutes and GCash Wallet holders receive SMS notifications when a remittance has been sent.
Note: Users must be Fully Verified in order to use the service. GCash users must have a P100,000 wallet limit to receive funds.
- Cost from the US to the Philippines: -0.6% to -2.6%
- GCash limits: USD 2,999 within 24 hours, USD 10,000 within 30 days, and USD 18,000 within 180 days
2. Send Money to GCash via Skrill
|Trust & Credibility||7.8|
|Service & Quality||8.0|
|Fees & Exchange Rates||8.4|
Note: You must register on the Skrill website or app before sending money to GCash, and you must provide all the required information, as well as the beneficiary’s GCash mobile number.
Below are the steps for sending remittances via Skrill to GCash:
- Log in to the Skrill mobile app or website and go to Send.
- For mobile payments, choose Money Transfer.
- Choose PHP as the currency and Philippines as the country.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Choose a method of payment.
- Make sure you enter your recipient’s name and mobile number (in the appropriate 09XXXXXXXXX format).
- Confirm the amount and send.
For more information, please visit Skrill’s website here.
After the transfer is completed, a message will be sent to the beneficiary’s GCash Wallet notifying them of the transfer.
Note: Only Fully Verified users are allowed to use the service. GCash users must have a wallet limit of P100,000 in order to receive funds.
- Average cost from the US to the Philippines: -1.95%
- GCash limits: USD $999.99 if you do not verify ID
3. Send Money to GCash via PayPal:
PayPal can also be used to send money to your GCash account. You will need a GCash account to begin.
To register, you simply download the app from the Play Store or AppStore, install it, and type in your name, phone number, and address.
To transfer money, you need to link your PayPal account to your GCash account.
The transfer can be made by following these steps after linking:
- Use your username and password to log in to your GCash account.
- On the dashboard of the GCash app, select Cash-in. Click on the PayPal option under Global Partners and Remittances.
- You must enter the amount you wish to transfer, noting that GCash requires a minimum transfer of P500.
- Once you click Next, you will see the amount entered, which you can verify before confirming. Confirm the amount if it is accurate.
- Upon confirmation, a display will inform you that your transaction is being processed.
- You will receive a SMS notification as soon as your transaction is complete.
- The amount of your cash-in will be deducted from your PayPal account via email notification.
- After the funds are successfully credited to your GCash wallet, GCash will send you an SMS notification.
- If the transaction was successful, you can verify the balance on your GCash or PayPal account.
Most PayPal to GCash transactions are processed in real-time, but in some cases, you might have to wait up to seven days for your money to arrive.
Your money may appear in your GCash wallet within 24 hours, for example. If this happens, contact GCash support by submitting a ticket.
Describe the problem briefly, including your email address, name, and mobile number.
You can make transfers anytime with GCash, and the service is free. GCash offers a minimum withdrawal amount of PHP 500 from PayPal.
You can only transfer PHP balances using the Services Option, so you need to change the currency in your PayPal account to PHP.
Use Legacy Platforms:
Sending money to GCash through legacy platforms like Western Union and MoneyGram is a convenient and secure way to transfer funds to the Philippines. Both Western Union and MoneyGram are well-known verified partners with GCash and trusted money transfer services that allow users to send money to recipients around the world.
Even though legacy platforms typically cost more than online platforms, they offer good exchange rates. Depending on how much money you’re transferring, you’ll be charged different fees.
4. Send Money to GCash via Wester Union
|Trust & Credibility||7.5|
|Service & Quality||8.0|
|Fees & Exchange Rates||7.0|
Western Union offers two options for sending remittances directly to GCash: through a branch location or online.
Note: It is important to note that service availability varies from country to country.
Going to a Western Union branch
1. Sender visits Western Union branch.
2. Obtain a send money form. Fill it out.
- Names of beneficiaries must match those registered with GCash
- (Using the 09XXXXXXXXXXX format) is the account number for the GCash-registered mobtel.
3. You must pay for the transfer fee and the amount to send in the remittance.
4. Be sure to note the MTCN reference number once the transfer has been completed.
5. Inform your recipient of the exact amount transferred and the MTCN reference number.
Western Union Online
Follow the steps on the Western Union website under Send to a mobile wallet.
There will be an SMS notification sent both to the sender and to the receiver.
- Average cost from the US to the Philippines: Approx. -1.19%
- GCash limits: USD 1,500 per day
5. Send Money to GCash via MOneyGram
|Trust & Credibility||7.6|
|Service & Quality||7.3|
|Fees & Exchange Rates||6.8|
MoneyGram offers two options for sending your remittance: in person or online.
Note: It is important to note that each country may have different availability of services.
Going to a MoneyGram branch
- Go to a MoneyGram agent store location.
- Fill out the send money form.
- There must be a match between the beneficiary’s name and the name on GCash
- This is the GCash-registered number (in the format 09XXXXXXXXXX).
- Remit the remittance (plus the transfer fee).
- Note the reference number that is issued once the transfer has been completed.
- Inform your recipient of the transfer reference number and amount.
For more information on this, follow the steps on how to send your remittance at a MoneyGram branch.
Go to the MoneyGram website and follow the steps on MoneyGram’s website on how to send your remittance to a mobile wallet.
An SMS notification will be sent to both the Sender and the Receiver.
- Average cost from the US to the Philippines: Approx. -0.9% + $5 fee
- GCash limits: $10,000 every 30 days
6. Send Money to GCash via Banks
The United States has a bank account that allows you to convert US dollars into pesos and send money back to the Philippines. Generally, this is not recommended if you want to save money, as fees can easily amount to over 5%.
Leave a Reply