Learn how to easily type the Peso sign (₱) on your Laptop keyboard, mobile, word and excel in this brief guide. Whether you’re dealing with financial transactions or simply need to display prices accurately, these simple methods will enable you to incorporate the Peso sign seamlessly into your digital documents and messages.
Type Philippine Peso Sign on iPhone:
There are two ways to write peso sign on your iOS device.
Method 1: Changing iPhone Region to the Philippines
If you’re an iPhone user and want to easily type the Peso sign (₱) on your keyboard, you can set it as the default currency symbol by changing your iPhone’s region to the Philippines. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Go to Settings: Locate the “Settings” app on your iPhone’s home screen and tap to open it.
- Select General: Scroll down in the Settings menu and tap on “General.”
- Language and Region: In the General settings, find “Language and Region” and tap on it.
- Choose Philippines: Under the “Region” section, select “Philippines” from the list of available regions.
- Default Currency Symbol: Once you set your iPhone’s region to the Philippines, the Peso sign (₱) will become the default currency symbol on your keyboard. Now, when you access the numbers and symbols on your keyboard, the peso sign should appear right away.
Method 2: Adding Filipino Language to Keyboard
If changing your iPhone’s region is not ideal for you, there’s an alternative method to make ₱ one of the currency symbol options on your keyboard. Simply add Filipino as a language to your keyboard with the following steps:
- Go to Settings: Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Select General: Tap on “General” in the Settings menu.
- Keyboard Settings: Under General, find and tap on “Keyboard.”
- Add New Keyboard: In the Keyboard settings, click on “Keyboards” and then select “Add new keyboard.”
- Choose Filipino: Look for “Filipino” in the list of available keyboards and select it to add it to your active keyboards.
Using the Peso Sign (₱) on Keyboard:
After adding Filipino as a language to your keyboard, the peso sign should now be one of the currency symbol options. When you hold down the “$” key on your keyboard, a list of other currency symbols will appear. Slide your finger to ₱ to select it.
Note: It’s essential to differentiate ₱ (Peso sign) from ₽ (Russian ruble sign). The Russian ruble sign is one of the default currency symbols on iPhone keyboards and might be mistaken for the peso sign by some users.
With these simple methods, you can now effortlessly use the Peso sign (₱) on your iPhone keyboard, making it convenient to display accurate currency values and carry out financial transactions efficiently.
Type the Philippine Peso Sign (₱) on Android
Method 1: Setting Device Region to the Philippines
If your Android device’s region is already set to the Philippines, typing the Philippine Peso sign (₱) is a breeze, as it becomes the default currency symbol on your keyboard. However, if your default currency symbol is different and you wish to change it to ₱, follow these simple steps:
- Access Settings: Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Navigate to System Settings: Look for the “System” section in the Settings menu and select it.
- Choose Language and Input: Under System settings, click on “Language and Input.”
- Select Language and Region: Within the Language and Input settings, find and tap on “Language and Region.”
- Change Region to Philippines: Tap “Region” and choose “Philippines” from the available options. This will set the default currency symbol on your keyboard to ₱.
Method 2: Adding Filipino to Your Keyboard Languages
If changing your device’s region is not preferred, you can still have the Philippine Peso sign (₱) on your keyboard by adding the Filipino language. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Keyboard Settings: Access the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Go to Languages: Look for the “Languages” section in the Settings menu and select it.
- Add Filipino Language: Within the Languages settings, click on “Add a Language” or “Add Input Language” and choose “Filipino” from the list.
Using the Peso Sign (₱) on Your Keyboard:
After adding Filipino to your keyboard languages, the peso sign (₱) will now be available as one of the currency symbol options. To enter it, simply press and hold the default currency symbol on your keyboard. A selection of currency symbol options will appear. Slide your finger to ₱ and release to select it.
With these straightforward methods, you can easily type the Philippine Peso sign (₱) on your Android device, allowing you to accurately display currency values and carry out financial transactions with ease.
Type the Philippine Peso Sign (₱) on Windows (Laptop/Desktop)
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
You can easily type the Philippine Peso sign (₱) on your Windows laptop or desktop computer by utilizing the following keyboard shortcuts:
- ALT + 8369: Press and hold the “ALT” key on your keyboard, then type “8369” using the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard. Release the “ALT” key, and ₱ will appear.
- 20B1 + ALT + X: Type “20B1” (with the second digit being zero) and then simultaneously press “ALT” and “X.” The characters will convert to the ₱ symbol instantly.
Using Character Map
If keyboard shortcuts aren’t your preference, you can also use the Character Map feature to insert the Philippine Peso sign (₱) into your documents. Here’s how:
- Access Character Map: Click on the search box located on the taskbar, type “Character Map,” and select the app from the search results.
- Enable Advanced View: Within Character Map, tick the box beside “Advanced view” to access additional options.
- Search for the Peso Sign: A search bar will appear below. Type “peso” in the search bar and click “Search.”
- Select and Copy: Once the search results appear, click on the ₱ symbol to select it. Then, click “Copy.”
- Paste to Your Document: Go to the document or file you’re working on, and paste the copied ₱ symbol in the desired location.
With these simple methods, you can effortlessly insert the Philippine Peso sign (₱) into your Windows documents, making it easy to display accurate currency values and handle financial matters conveniently.
Type the Philippine Peso Sign (₱) on Mac (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac)
Using the Character Viewer
The Character Viewer on your Mac provides a simple way to type the Philippine Peso sign (₱) and even explore different font variations of the symbol. Follow these steps to use the Character Viewer:
- Access the Character Viewer: While using any app on your Mac, go to the top menu bar and click on “Edit.”
- Open Emoji & Symbols: From the drop-down menu, click on “Emoji & Symbols.” This will launch the Character Viewer. Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl + Command + Space” to open the Character Viewer instantly.
- Find the Peso Sign: In the Character Viewer, locate the search bar and type “peso” to quickly find the ₱ symbol. Click on the ₱ symbol to select it.
- Explore Font Variations: If you’re not satisfied with the appearance of the selected peso sign, you can discover various font variations. Click the menu button located in the upper right corner of the Character Viewer window. This will reveal more symbols, categorized by type.
- Select Your Preferred Font Variation: Click on “Currency Symbols” or type “PESO” in the sidebar to access the available font variations of the peso sign. Double click on your preferred font variation, and the ₱ symbol will be inserted into the document or file you are working on.
With the Character Viewer on your Mac, typing the Philippine Peso sign (₱) becomes effortless, and you can even customize its appearance by choosing from a selection of font variations. This feature ensures you can accurately display currency values and make your documents visually appealing.
Type the Philippine Peso Sign (₱) in Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word offers two straightforward methods to input the Philippine Peso sign (₱) into your documents. Whether your keyboard has a numeric keypad or not, here’s how you can do it:
Method 1: Using a Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
If your keyboard has a numeric keypad, follow these steps to easily type the Philippine Peso sign (₱) in Microsoft Word:
- Press and Hold ALT Key: Position the cursor in your Word document where you want to insert the ₱ symbol. Press and hold the “Alt” key on your keyboard.
- Enter Numeric Code: While holding the “Alt” key, use the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard to type “8369.”
- Ensure Num Lock is On: To execute the input successfully, make sure that the Num Lock on your keyboard is turned on.
Method 2: Using a Keyboard without Numeric Keypad
If your keyboard lacks a numeric keypad, don’t worry; you can still insert the Philippine Peso sign (₱) in Microsoft Word using the following steps:
- Type “20B1”: Place the cursor in your Word document at the desired location for the ₱ symbol. Type “20B1” on your keyboard.
- Press Alt + X: Immediately after typing “20B1,” press “Alt” and “X” keys together. Ensure there is no space between “20B1” and “Alt + X.”
By following either of these methods, you can efficiently input the Philippine Peso sign (₱) into your Microsoft Word documents. Enjoy displaying accurate currency values and ensuring professional-looking documents with this simple tip.
Type Philippine Peso Sign in Excel:
There are two ways to insert the Peso symbol (₱) in Excel:
- Open Excel Software: Launch your Excel software.
- Access the Symbol Menu: Go to the “INSERT” tab on the Excel menu bar.
- Select “Symbol”: In the “Symbols” group, click on “Symbol.”
- Choose “Font” and “Subset”: In the Symbol dialog box, make sure the “Font” is set to “Normal Text” and the “Subset” is set to “Currency Symbols.”
- Find the Peso Symbol: Scroll through the available symbols until you locate the Peso symbol (₱).
- Insert the Symbol: Click on the Peso symbol (₱) to select it, and then click the “Insert” button to add it to your Excel spreadsheet.
Method 2: Copy-Paste Peso Sign
The easiest way to insert the peso sign is to copy the peso sing and paste it in any document. Just highlight the symbol, right click then copy and paste it anywhere you want.
With these simple steps, you can effortlessly include the Peso symbol (₱) in your Excel documents, making it easy to display currency values accurately and professionally. For more details, you can visit the link provided: https://techno2.net/